Qualifications: RaidGuild Lore contributors, web3 developers, Raid Guild community Managers
- A compilation and book of lore with a narrative history of CrypToadz, including the rise of Gremplin and the current state of the ex-Uniswamp, in-depth individual CrypToadz profiles, introduction to new unknown characters and an overall expansion of the CrypToadz universe.
- A roadmap for a light touch community engagement program:
- Creation and curation of a Choose Your Own Adventure style Discord channel. This channel will consist of short episodes of a continuous narrative; the end of the episode will prevent four different scenarios/choices (like the classic Choose Your Own Adventure books) that community members vote on via Discord poll (emoji). The next episode begins with that direction and continues the narrative. This will simultaneously serve as a platform engagement and interaction as well as build the lore in a community-sourced method.
- Weekly meeting that sources lore direction from community contributors in a structured, moderated format. Community members whose ideas and narrative are accepted by the lore team and used in the narrative will receive a token of recognition (i.e. a crypTeller POAP or something similar).
- Collaborate with community managers to make these and other initiatives sustainable for the long term.
To expand the backstory and universe of CryptToadz in order to gamify, provide context, and illuminate the CrypToadz characters and story as well as engage the CrypToadz community in the lore of CrypToadz.
Govinda and Tufnel_Enterprises have created, and continue to create, a body of lore at Raid Guild that adds cohesion and purpose to a community that lives almost entirely in the digital realm. Example slide:
Currently, CrypToadz lore consists of three to four paragraphs of a general sketch and outline of CrypToadz. Expanding the CrypToadz universe will create an ongoing narrative and lore that will continue to solidify and expand the community of the CrypToadz project.
The deliverables will include a book of lore as well as individual characters profiles and narratives. These new characters-focused narratives will include supporters from the community (e.g. Dinfo is a main character).
The promise of NFT projects extends so far beyond the images. Engagement, interaction, and community participation add immense amounts of reward for project owners and build community around the art. CrypToadz already has the outlines of the origin story; this project will cement that story and create the possibilities for future expansion CrypToadz collections.
Future iterations could include poap-rewarded participation, collectables, choose your own adventures scenarios etc.
The sun’s rays, filtered into sickly brown through pollution-laden clouds, illuminate the steaming, sludgy wasteland. Undersized Toadz covered in warts trudge about their daily toil with blank stares. A disheveled Toad hops by, a damp and bedraggled unlit cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. Nearby a small group of Toadz, glowing faintly green, huddle together underneath an abandoned sewage outlet.
Welcome to Grempland.
It has been 146 years, 3 months and 2 days since the fateful day the citizens of the Metaverse were transformed into Toadz by toxic sludge.
Although King Gremplin rules this Swamp with his iron (and greasy) webbed fist, most Toadz seem unwilling to challenge their oppression. As long as Gremplin’s Phillip Marsh Tobacco Corporation (Grempland’s only manufacturer of, well…anything) churns out a regular supply of loosely-rolled cigarettes and other shoddily made necessities of swamp life, the CrypToadz squelch through the hours of the day, anesthetized by Phillip Marsh’s smokes and weak beer.
However, rumors and whispers are circulating among the CrypToadz that in a far corner of the swamp, deep underground, lies the beginning of a hope for the freedom of all CrypToadz.
These rumors speak of a resistance movement growing in the Cryptz, a fabled network of abandoned bitcoin mines constructed during the last days of the Late Stage Capitalism era.
Some even say that these Toadz have discovered access to the ancient mainframes of the Metaverse and have made contact with Colonel Floorbin exiled far away on Gooch Island.
Although the CrypToadz are careful to only discuss these rumors among themselves out of earshot of Gremplin’s Fronkz secret police, Gremplin has somehow found out. His propaganda team firmly denies any existence of such a group, and say even if a resistance did exist they are all probably a bunch of losers anyway.
But today at the rusty gates of the Phillip Marsh Tobacco Corporation HQ , as the smoke pouring from factory’s stacks refracts greasy sunlight against an oily sky, a growing crowd of Toadz begins to form. They nudge and whisper to each other, not believing their eyes.
On the peeling paint of the factory’s concrete wall, a message is scrawled, the red paint still wet and dripping.
Resistance is Beginning, Believe in Toadz
This is only the beginning
In addition to the overarching backstory lore, in-depth character profiles augment the story of individual characters’ storylines and thus to the overall CrypToadz saga as a whole.
Ex Character Card Profile:
Prior to the Croakening, Dinfo was one of the main architects of the Uniswamp. However after the Croakening, he is forced to build idiotic demolition derby spectacles for the crass Fronkz while they drink copious amounts of Phillip Marsh’s weak beer. Dinfo is a secret link to the Resistance and stays in the Uniswamp to help CrypToadz escape.
We distinguish between two types of work:
- Development of CrypToadz lore, character profiles and backstory
- Development of and implementation of community engagement programs. These will be managed by govinda and Tufnel_Enterprises for a time while collaborating with CrypToadz community manages aiming towards an eventual handoff.
- Live Presentation of Lore
- Physical book layout/logistics
We suggest the following rate:
- Tier 1: $100/h
- Tier 2: ?
Total Estimated Hours: ~80-100 Hours
Total Requested Budget: 5 eth
We are planning with the following timeline:
- End of June: Confirm large plot points of story and outline with CrypToadz Team.
- Mid-August: First draft of book (text only) complete.